An Introduction to Nepal
Nepal is one of our favourite countries. Our first visit was in 1994 and since then, we have kept coming back every three years or so. No wonder that we have a lot to share about this country.
- There are many reasons why we love Nepal so much
- The main Trekking Regions in Nepal with assorted Trekking Hints
- Some contour maps showing details about our 2010 trek combining the Everest and the Arun region
- Some Interesting People we met along the way
- The inexorable rise of the 3-Weeks-Have-It-All Travellers
- Some remarks on what passes for Politics in Nepal
- When nothing goes: Bandhs in Nepal
- The significance of Everest Expeditions
- Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley
- The need for Iron Stoves
- A few words re the dreaded practice of Load Shedding
- An article about the colourful festival of Holi
Check also our Nepal trips section for blog entries and lots of photos:
- In 2010, we made a 50 days trek in the Everest and Arun Valleys, an unforgettable experience.
- Our Nindia 2013 trip combined India and Nepal. We returned to the Everest region and visited Janakpur, Tansen and Lumbini on our way to / from India. Check our mails sent from the road and a photo reportage on Nepal's lost railway.
- Our latest trip, Nepal 2016, saw us trekking the Manaslu and Annapurna Circuits, returning to Janakpur and Tansen and visiting Daman.
$updated from: Background.htxt Fri 15 May 2020 14:57:27 trvl2 (By Vero and Thomas Lauer)$