- We often stop in Amiens on the way back home when we take the ferry in Calais or Dunkerque. Its cathedral is always worth the stop.
- If we ever go back to France, this might well be to Bourges, a wonderful city with a pleasant vibe.
- Near Paris and easily accessible, Chartres is home to a splendid cathedral with awesome stained glass windows. It is a quaint small town with a few timber framed house and a nice quarter along the banks of the river Eure dotted with water mills and old washing-houses.
- It's not all about cars in Le Mans: take a course in Christian architecture in the cathedral and step back in history while strolling through the medieval Cité Plantagenêt and along the Roman city walls.
- We liked Rouen very much. We stayed only one day, not enough for this pleasant city. We will return.
$updated from: Cathedral Cities.htxt Sun 13 Dec 2020 16:00:13 trvl2 (By Vero and Thomas Lauer)$